Peter is a business leader and serial entrepreneur with extensive experience at PLC board level. Peter and his colleague General Sir Richard Barons have recently established Universal Defence and Security Solutions Ltd which provides Defence and wider security advice, assistance and solutions on a global basis. The business provides support across the spectrum of client needs from the Strategic to Tactical.UDSS is focused on meeting the major defence and security challenges of today, including: leading in contemporary military ‘hard power’ capability; ‘hybrid’ or ‘political’ confrontation, including information operations and cyber warfare; and peace support, wider security, constabulary, humanitarian assistance and disaster relief. (Download Brochure)
Prior to that he has been Chairman or Director of 11 Public Companies over the last 25 years and was a founding director of 8 of these, one of which he floated on AIM. Peter is also a non-executive director of the RM Group Ltd; a member of the Governments’ Advisory body on retail social investment; a former UKTI Catalyst member and advisor to the Financial Services Organisation of the UKTI, writing a number of papers on overseas investment opportunities.
Peter has recently stepped down as a NED of two fixed term Venture Capital Trusts, both of which were quoted on the London Stock Exchange.
Currently Peter is:
- Universal Defence and Security Solutions Ltd (2019 – current) Founder and Co_Chairman with General Sir Richard Barrons. UDSS provides Defence and wider security advice, assistance and solutions on a global basis.
- Puma 10 VCT PLC, (2018 – current). Non-Executive Director. a closed ended investment trust listed on the Official List of the London Stock Exchange and with a market capitalisation of £21m – a diverse portfolio of investments.
- Armadillo Group Ltd (2017 – current). Non-Executive Director. One of the worlds leading corporate data and information services providers. Providing strategic advice on taking the company forward to the next stage. Peter is a small shareholder.
- Brennan and Partners (2017 – current) – Senior Adviser. My role is as an interlocutor on trade, investment and financial services issues in a region with which I have a long history of engagement, having undertaken research for the UK Government. Brennan & Partners is an international consultancy and investment business with particular focus as a Latin American trade advisory in Energy, Infrastructure, Real Estate, Healthcare and Education.
Recently, Peter has been:
- EH Global Capital Ltd, (2016 – 2018). Director. An 18-month contract role to establish the FCA Authorisations (AIFM and MiFiD) and internal systems for the company which was to act as the European and Global acquisition finance and fund management arm of HNA Group in China. EHGC had mandates to arrange the finance for $3bn of global acquisitions.
- UKTI, (2014 – 2016). Catalyst Member and Adviser to the Financial Services Organisation. This role was ad hoc and incuded capability building, broking and facilitation relating to individual projects, such as the Brazilian Capital Markets Project and Fin Tech. His task in July 2015 was to travel to South America with the Lord Mayor and identify opportunities for the UK in financial and business services and to produce an independent report which was published on the UKTI website and has formed part of FCO thinking going forward.
- Proven Planned Exit VCT PLC, (2010 – 2016), Non-Executive Chairman. A VCT, from award winning Investment Manager, Beringea. Raising funds in 2010/11, listed on the Official list of the London Stock Exchange. Achieved target income over the 6 year period.
- Puma VII VCT PLC, (2010 – 2016), Non-Executive Director, A VCT, from Corporate Finance house and Investment Manager, Shore Capital in 2010/11, listed on the Official List of the London Stock Exchange.
- London Asia Capital PLC, (2013 – 2015), Non-Executive Director. A former AIM listed company which raised £100m to invest in Asian companies. Invited by Chairman to assist with the recovery.
Download my Corporate CV (PDF)